Friday, May 10, 2013

Phoenix

Phoenix 90's            Reading 5-10-13

Pete Fedak is a highly intelligent and knowledgable being that loves people. If anyone really experiences and shares life, it would be Pete. He knows a tremendous amount about Nature and about Native Americans and was an integral part of Warren Light Center. I will never forget a beautiful sand painting that his wife Jackie did at camp or the Ukrainian eggs that she etched. I loved the ceremony that we had in Pete's teepee, the firewalks, sweat lodge, and he was the person that rescued me when I fell at camp. Everyone else had driven off the grounds that night. He loves to give his famous bear hug and loves to hug trees.  He helped teach me to be calm, enjoy life, and to be my weird freaky self. Go Pete! This is funny because I just remembered that my friend Doug said that when I was writing for the blog, "Don't hold back". And I am not.

Drumming ensued with an Indian chant that followed the rhythmic pattern of 12 1234 12 1234, with the stress on the first beat. Then I blessed shagbark hickory from all four directions.  I Am the beautiful lush woods. In my inner vision, I keep seeing Christ's head in an intricate pink and orange
design. He emerges more clearly each time I say to myself that He is there. Osage, thank you for being the wonder of the wind that awakens hickory (our persistence) and our dreams. Thank you moss agate for helping us find the hidden treasures within ourselves and ensuring our personal growth.






 









                                                                                                                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment