Sunday, March 24, 2013

Africa Revisited

Africa Revisited   April 2008  /  Reading 3-24-13

I am shown a happy scene of the elephant and the dancers; a live scene of the live Spirit in the African culture. I am reminded of the Michael Beckwith workshop that I attended in Maryland. At one point we were given the option to branch off into groups according to the topic for which we were interested
I picked the group that was working with chakras. We celebrated our chakra energy, one chakra at a time, through dance.  I connected with the Spirit of the African Americans that were dancing with me and for a short time I sat and watched them dance. I will never forget that experience. I connected with the dancer's Spriit. (It just occurred to me that I just connected with the dancers that I painted. That is how they are giving me thanks). I connected with the Spirit of the African Americans; their inward and outward beauty. I felt so honored to be in their midst. They beamed with the pride of who they are. I also enjoyed the sight of their satiny, healthful skin and their colorful clothing. I witnessed their genuine Love of Self and our ONENESS. There is a candle in my painting. It is a symbol of this Spirit. The flame is located between the back feet of the elephant. Elephants show loyalty to their family. I thank everyone at this workshop for sharing their LOVE & SPIRIT. I also thank God for instilling this spirit that is within each of us and the honors and experiences that we can share. Thank you amethyst for linking us to memories of Spirit's influence in our lives. Kanika's eyes and the morning Sun showed me that the whole world is in our hands when we connect with Spirit. When I went to the Agape live service today that is at www.AgapeLive.com, Ricki Beckwith was opening the Agape service with her song, "The Spirit of God is Upon Me". I thank you Ricki, and Michael for spreading Light and God's Spirit .

My mother told me that when she was in Trinidad that she contracted dengue fever. She never forgot the balck woman's Spirit that nursed her back to health. The other memory that came to mind is that I used to enjoy the delicate frgrance of apple blossoms. This was when I was picking them in the lovely fresh spring air to give them to my teacher. Apple blossoms symbolize motion and passion. I also love seeing a lot of petals on the ground. It is very pretty. I used to take lilacs to school as well. They symbolize the spirit of youthfulness. Thank you apple and lilac for your medicine   


No comments:

Post a Comment