Saturday, March 23, 2013

River Talk

River Talk    Reading  3/22 & 3/23, 2013

I dearly love sycamore trees. My attention is often drawn to them. Thank you sycamore for your lessons and for your inspiration to do this painting. I had the 'light bulb moment' to capture sycamore's mottled bark by applying wax.
The trees are towering above me and the river is still. I originally painted a swan on there and he didn't look right to me. I am thinking that swan wants to be there but in spirit. I feel a need to acknowledge him in some way. There is another world on the other side of the river. For a fleeting moment, I have my answer. But what is the question?  I am standing by my father. I am a Native American boy. I ask my father, Why are all the animals talking but the river doesn't speak?  I am thinking that the river doesn't speak because it is still. Then my father answers, "It speaks in a different way. The river flows through our veins. It gives us life and it speaks to our Nation. We are a proud people. It shows us the way".

I was guided to put the deer antler on the floor under my bed while the river spoke to me during the night. I  woke up with a childhood memory. My father, an American veteran, took our family to the Veterans Hospital in Cleveland. I was singing our National Anthem repeatedly this morning. Then the river suddenly spoke, "Your father gave you a lesson in Love and Gratitude and if you believe in me, I carry you to freedom. This painting is clearly telling us to be grateful to our veterans and to the river for the freedom that we have here.
I give thanks to my father, Bill Luther, for all the lessons that he taught me and for the love of both my parents that gave me freedom through my time with them. Thank you sycamore, river, and antler for your talk. Thank you carnelian for your guidance and medicine. I thank all Messengers of Light for healing our Hearts. Now we are One, our Spirit soars with Freedom Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment